Annual Hair of the Dog Run & Leo Brady Exercise Like the Eskimos Plunge
RING IN 2017 in the QUIET RESORTS with a RUN & PLUNGE!
The Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation & the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce proudly present the 6th Annual Hair of the Dog 5k/10k and the 21st Annual Leo Brady Exercise Like the Eskimos Plunge!
Printable Registration Form
|HOD 5k/ 10k Race||ELE Plunge|
Packet Pick-up- Race & Plunge
- Saturday, December 31st at Mango's (97 Garfield Parkway)
- Sunday, January 1st on the Bethany Beach Boardwalk Bandstand (Oceanfront Garfield Pkwy.)
Race Finish- Bethany Beach Boardwalk Bandstand (Oceanfront Garfield Parkway)
Plunge- Beach (Oceanfront Garfield Parkway)
Fees: $5 Early Bird Discount through September 15th - All Discounts will be accrued at Checkout
|Combo 5k & 10K||$65|
|Combo 5K & Plunge||$45|
|Combo 10k & Plunge||$55|
|Combo All 3- 5k, 10K, & Plunge||$70|
|Extra- Wrist Bands (non-runners)*||$10|
|HOD Hoodie (Child's L- XXL)||$35|
|Additional Shirts (Child's L - XXXL)||$10|
* Due to space limitation in Mango's at the after party only 100 additional wristbands will be sold for guests of participants. Includes beer, food, & warmth.
Itinerary for HOD & ELE:
Saturday, December 31st, 2016
- 12:00-4:00pm - packet pick-up at Mango's Bethany Beach for all runners and plungers
- 7:30-8:30am - Race day packet pick-up located at the Coastal Tented Events heated tent on the Bethany Beach Bandstand. Plunge packet pick-up will go until 11:30am.
- 8:35am- Mandatory Pre-Race (HOD) Meeting at the starting line
- 8:45am- HOD 10k Start
- 9:40am- HOD 10k Awards Presentations (must be picked up, awards will not be shipped)
- 9:45am- HOD 5k Start
- 9:30-11:30am- HOD Post Party and Mango's Bethany Beach
- 11:00am- HOD 5k Awards
- 11:45am- ELE Plungers gather on the beach in ocean front of Garfield Pkwy.
- NOON- ELE Plunge
- 12:30-4:00pm- ELE Post Plunge Party at the Cottage Cafe and Award Presentations
|HOD 5k & 10K Race||ELE Plunge|
|Overall Male & Female
Dog Owner (5k only)
1st, 2nd & 3rd
Male & Female Master
1st, 2nd & 3rd
|A Whale of a Team- Largest registered team
Bathing Beauties- Best Team Attire/Theme
-Judging on beach from 11:30-11-50am
Leo Brady Award- Most donations
raised for the William O'Murray Scholarship
Teams must have a minimum of 6 registrants to qualify.
|HOD 5k & 10k Race||ELE Plunge|
Captain William O. Murray Scholarship is awarded by the QRCF to a student who exhibits a strong commitment to civic and community service. Each scholarship recipient will be awarded $2,000 per year for four years. The scholarship is based on a combination of financial need, academics, school involvement, and community service.
- Captain William O. Murray Scholarship - 30% community involvement, 30% financial need, 20% academic achievement, and 20% personal statement.
- Team Donations- Printable Form- Donation Form
- All donations are due at Packet Pick-up (12/31 & 1/1) to be eligible for the award.
- The Team with the largest donation will receive the Leo Brady Award at the Post Plunge Party at the Cottage Cafe.
HOD Course Maps- Click Here HOD Athlete Guide - Click Here
All combination registrants will receive an additional giveaway sponsored by Beach Home Group.