CARL M. FREEMAN & JOSHUA M. FREEMAN FOUNDATIONS
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Purpose of the Job
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant works independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts. Requires knowledge of both the Carl M. Freeman Foundation (CMFF) and Joshua M. Freeman Foundation (JMFF) policies and procedures. The Executive Assistant provides support to the Executive Director’s office including provides clerical support, maintains schedules, manages projects and generally assures fluid operation of administrative aspects of the foundations’ operation.
Core Values Accountabilities
The Executive Assistant provides support to the ED in all areas of both Foundations. The executive assistant is accountable to provide leadership within the organization and to live, model and teach the core values as stated:
We are committed to setting the standard for:
- Being leaders in creativity and responsibility
- Being respectful, forthright, and ethical
- Improving our communities
- Enhancing the lives of everyone we touch
- Performing professionally and effectively
- Being approachable, open-minded, and compassionate
- Continual personal and professional wellness, improvement, and growth
ED and CMFF/JMFF DUTIES:
• Assist ED in organizing, managing, and tracking all projects;
• Manage ED calendar— schedule meetings and coordinate travel;
• Draft written correspondence for ED including letters, memos, emails, etc.
• Support and manage ongoing projects associated with the success of the Foundations as required
• Reconciling ED expense reports;
• Prepare check requests for ED;
• Support budget and forecasting process;
• Support Foundation by attending and assisting with fundraising events;
• Support the efforts of the Freeman Stage and JMFF team by participating in events as needed and requested. This task may include having a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
• Work with team members to administer ongoing FACES grant cycles in various geographic locations by managing Advisory Board recruitment and training, E-Grant system, grant review, meeting management and reports.
• Pick up and distribute mail daily.
•Liaise with CMFF Boardof Trustees and JMFF Board of Directors;
•Create and manage Board portal for JMFF and CMFF;
•Manage four meetings annually for JMFF and three for CMFF;
•Prepare minutes, Board books and other necessary documents for meetings;
•Prepare and circulate all meeting minutes;
•Manage Board files and master agenda.
•Work with vendors in an efficient and fiscally responsible manner;
•Contribute to a collegial and participatory work environment where trust, integrity and open communication are valued and practiced;
•Maintain strong relationships with organizations and individuals with whom the Foundation has a contractual relationship or other formal and informal affiliations, including the important relationship with the Carl M Freeman Companies;
•Participate in continuing education to improve own professional skills;
•Take on additional duties as required.
Key Performance Measures
• 95%-plus customer satisfaction.
• Timely processing of Board reporting
• Timely response to all communication: email, voicemail, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
This individual will often be the public’s first point of contact to JMFF and CMFF and therefore must be someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to troubleshoot, think creatively, and represent CMFF/JMFF effectively, are key attributes. This individual will be an integral part of the team and must possess the following:
•Meticulous organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage budgets, and keep timely correspondence; attention to detail is critical.
•Knowledge of the local communities served by the Foundations, along with available resources and or connections.
•Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form in an accurate, concise, professional and effective manner; a track record as an effective communicator; the presence and credibility to serve as an effective spokesperson for JMFF & CMFF.
•Ability to lead efficient productive and professional meetings and discussions
•Ability to relate to and work well with trustees, directors, business people, grantees, colleagues and involved partners.• A“team player” who understands the dynamics of working within a small, productive staff that is constantly dependent on and accountable to one another;
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the means to address issues in non- confrontational way, but nevertheless with determination; a track record as an effective communicator; the presence and credibility to serve as an effective spokesperson for JMFF & CMFF.
• A“doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities ranging from the internal day-to-day to the highly creative; an energetic, alert, hardworking person, able to take immediate action when necessary;
• Strong initiative, self-confidence, creativity, and entrepreneurial skills, one who enjoys working as a team player but also has the capability to work independently and as a self-starter
• Demonstrate maturity, curiosity, and a sense of humor; is at ease with collaborating both internally with staff and externally with public entities;
•Ability to work effectively with a diverse staff and community.
•Ability to travel within the regional area and infrequently outside the Mid-Atlantic area as needed.
•Driver’s license and in good standing with local DMV
•Available on weekends and night hours is mandatory
• At least three to five years’ experience as a full-time Executive Assistant.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and understand and comply with nonprofit requirements and regulations.
• Must be very organized and detailed oriented.
• The position requires strong proficiency in computer software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Google Office Suite.
• Must be friendly and cordial possessing great customer service skills.
• The ability to work independently on many projects at once, while maintaining organization and clarity.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism and follow through, encouraging open lines of communication with the staff.
• Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills.
•Sitting throughout the day, working with a computer
•Repetitive movement on computer keyboard throughout the day
•Lifting and moving files, boxes, presentation materials up to 30 pounds
This job description includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities as noted above. The essential functions of this job description are not exhaustive and may be supplemented. Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Joshua M. Freeman Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.