31st Annual Ocean to Bay Bike Tour-FALL
The economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted The Quiet Resorts business community. The mission of the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce is to develop and implement destination events, participate in advocacy efforts, and provide opportunities for networking, marketing, and education with the goal of improving member success and enhancing the quality of life in the Quiet Resorts. The award-winning event, presented by the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce, offers cyclists a 30+, 50- and Metric Century (62.5) ride on flat terrain. All routes will have the option to participate in person or choose a virtual option and complete your selected route on your own. There will also be a 10-mile Friday Coastal Cruise to the Big Chill Beach Club.
PRE-REGISTERED CYCLISTS FOR THE APRIL RIDE
If you were previously registered for the April ride, please click "REGISTER NOW" to reregister; however, you will NOT have to pay again. Please select one the "Spring Ride" registration fee items depending on what you originally registered for on the original date (e.g. "SPRING RIDE PRE-REGISTERED - Friday Coastal Cruise", "SPRING RIDE PRE-REGISTERED - Individual", "SPRING RIDE PRE-REGISTERED - Individual Combo", "SPRING RIDE PRE-REGISTERED - Team", "SPRING RIDE PRE-REGISTERED - Team Combo"). You will have four options available.
- Option One: In Person Attendance- You will physically be attending the event on October 17. If you are physically attending, you have until October 1 to register.
- Option Two: The Virtual Option- With the virtual option, you will select the 30+, 50- or Metric Century (62.5) route and will complete the selected route own your own. You will have one week (from October 10 - October 18) to complete your selected route. Please submit a picture of you with your bib and a screenshot of your completed route for insurance purposes to email@example.com by October 18 and include the subject line "Ocean to Bay Virtual Ride". If you are riding virtual, please register by Friday, September 25 in order for your cyclist items to be shipped to you. If you register for the virtual ride after September 25, your cyclist items will be shipped to you after the event.
- Option Three: Donation- Your registration fee will be marked as a donation to the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce. You will receive a letter of your tax deductible donation. A portion of all proceeds will be benefiting Contractors for a Cause, the Justin W. Jennings Foundation, the Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation, and local First Responders.
- Option Four: Transfer Your Bib- You have the option to transfer your bib to another person until September 22. Please contact Connor Lineberry at 302-539-2100 ext. 115 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know that you would like to transfer your bib. Please also have the person that you are transferring your bib to contact Connor so that he can update their registration information.
NEW REGISTRANTS ONLY
- FRIDAY COASTAL CRUISE: Enjoy the 10-mile Friday Coastal Cruise from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm featuring an out-and-back route to The Big Chill Beach Club for $35. Select the Combo option to add the 10-mile Friday Coastal Cruise to your Saturday ride for only an additional $15. Each cyclist will receive a voucher to be used at The Big Chill Beach Club.
- INDIVIDUAL REGISTRANTS
- INDIVIDUAL PRICING- 30+, 50- & Metric Century (62.5) Ride
|Friday Coastal Cruise
(In Person or Virtual)
(In Person or Virtual)
(In Person or Virtual)
- PRINTABLE INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION FORM: For a printable Individual Registration form, please click here. If you are participating virtually, please click here for a printable Individual Virtual Registration form. This is for new cyclists that didn't register as of April 1.
TEAM REGISTRATION (Teams who do not make the minimum 6 registrants by October 1 will be billed the difference at packet pick-up)
- Identify your Team Name and Team Captain
- Indicate Team Name and Team Captain during registration process (please decide before registering)
- Select Team Registration
- Registration must include six completed registrations by October 1
- TEAM PRICING- (6 or more cyclists)- 30+, 50 & Metric Century Ride
(In Person or Virtual)
|Team Combo (6+)
(In Person or Virtual)
- TEAM CHECK IN: If a team opts into a "TEAM PICKUP", team captains will be allowed to check-in all team members. All waivers must be complete with a "WET INK" signature. Please consult your captain on your team's check-in procedures. The team captain can pick up with all "WET INK" waivers signed and a copy or picture of all ID's.
- PRINTABLE TEAM REGISTRATION FORM: For a printable Team Registration form, please click here. If you are participating virtually, please click here for a printable Team Virtual Registration form. This is for new cyclists that didn't register as of April 1.
Are you unable to attend the Ocean to Bay Bike Tour? The Ocean to Bay Bike Tour now has a virtual option. If you select this option, you will have one week to complete your selected route. Please provide a screenshot of your completed route as proof of completion and email it to email@example.com. Please send with the subject "Ocean to Bay Virtual Ride". Please register by Friday, September 25 in order for your cyclist items to be shipped to you. If you register for the virtual ride after September 25, your cyclist items will be shipped to you after the event.
SATURDAY BIKE TOUR QUICK INFO
All routes will start and end in Bethany Beach
All races will feature a ceremonial start at launch of the designated start times
- 7:30-8:00 am Metric Century Cyclists (62.5)
- 8:00-8:30 am 50 Mile Cyclists
- 8:30-9:00 am 30+ Mile Cyclists (27 mile bailout option)
Completion of the ride is optional
SAG Wagon support will be available from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
- SAG Wagons will drop cyclist at the CLOSEST REST STOP
- There will be a final ride back to the finish only at the close of the rest stop; please have a back up plan
The ride will take place rain of shine; however, if extreme weather is forecasted, the Bike Tour may be canceled. No refunds will be given.
All participants must complete an event waiver prior to participating in the ride. Participants age 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult and must wear a helmet. All participants are expected to obey all traffic laws and Delaware bicycle laws.
Bicycle Law- Rules of the Road - All rules of the road must be followed
COVID-19 POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce has made a number of changes this year and is working with the State of Delaware and the Department of Public Health to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for our participants, volunteers, and staff. We are asking everyone to do their part to keep this event safe:
- If you have any new symptoms (fever/chills, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, fatigue, body aches, headache or GI symptoms), DO NOT PARTICIPATE!
- You must wear your mask at the start/finish areas, at all rest stops, and whenever in close proximity (within 6 feet) of someone not in your household or group. We encourage everyone to bring their own mask, but disposable masks will be available if you don't have one.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet of physical distance from anyone not in your household or group at the start/finish areas and at all rest stops.
- Depart as close to your scheduled departure time as possible, and remain spaced apart from others while on the road (other than the group you're riding with).
- If you must remove your mask (such as to eat or drink), make sure that you are physically distant from others.
- When you approach the rest stops, don your mask, remove any cycling gloves, and sanitize your hands. We have modified our food/drink options to minimize touching. Please follow all volunteers' directions.
- When you need to refill your water bottle, please speak to the volunteer at the water station. The cyclist will hold out their water bottle without touching it to the faucet and the volunteer will pull the handle until the water bottle is full.
- Be safe and have fun!
RIDE SCHEDULES & ROUTES
Due to the number of cyclists on the roads on event day, all cyclists must follow the below schedule to ensure the safety of everyone. Bib numbers must be visible for entry at all rest stops. Stay tuned for 2020 cue sheets, which will detail hours and locations of each rest stop. Final race routes will be emailed prior to the event.
SATURDAY START TIMES:
Proposed 2020 maps, subject to changes through September
- Metric Century (62.5): 7:30 am - 8:00 am start time
- 50 Mile Route: 8:00 am - 8:30 am start time
- 30+ Mile Route (27 mile bailout option): 8:30 am - 9:00 am start time
- Ocean to Bay Tent- All cyclists start & finish: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Bishop's Landing- 30+ Mile Route only: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Selbyville- 50 & Metric Century (62.5) Routes: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Bayside 38 Degrees- 30+, 50 & Metric Century (62.5) Routes: 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Salt Grass Point: visited by 50 & Metric Century (62.5) routes
- Dirickson Creek: visited by 30+ route
EVENT CHECK IN & PACKET PICKUP
All registered cyclists must check in to pick up bibs, event shirts and sign waivers. All cyclists must be wearing their bib numbers to have access to event support (e.g. SAG wagon, rest stops, emergency services, etc.). In regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be following all CDC recommendations. For the CDC recommendations, please click here.
PACKET PICKUP TIMES
Friday, October 16 - 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Saturday, October 17 - 7:00 am - 9:00 am
For a list of frequently asked questions, please click here.
"CONTINUE THE TOUR"
Now in its eighth year, the Chamber and local businesses are pleased to "Continue the Tour" once again! Enjoy the best of what the Quiet Resorts has to offer in food, entertainment, and fun! Each cyclist will receive a $5 voucher to use in all of the participating businesses. Stay tuned for the complete list of Ocean to Bay Bike Tour business partners.
Order a Voler commemorative jersey for the ride! Be sure to order in advance for only $70. The jersey will be available for pickup at event check in if ordered by Thursday, September 17.
An Ocean to Bay Bike Tour Athlete Guide will be emailed to all cyclists. If you need another Athlete Guide, please click here.
COVID-19 DISCLOSURE WAIVER
A COVID-19 disclosure form will be in each cyclists Athlete Guide. The disclosure form must be completed and turned in at check in. If you need an additional COVID-19 disclosure form, please click here.
USA CYCLING EVENT WAIVER
A USA Cycling event waiver will be in each cyclists Athlete Guide. The event waiver must be completed and turned in at check in. This waiver requires a "WET INK" signature. If you need an additional USA Cycling event waiver, please click here.
2020 WAIVER INFO
-Individual Registrants must "WET INK" sign the waiver at packet pickup
-All electronic signatures are deemed invalid
-Photo ID or copy of photo ID is required at packet pickup
-All Team Registrants must have all waivers signed for team pickup
Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn By Marriott
Exceed your travel expectations at Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn. Nestled on the Bethany Beach Boardwalk, our oceanfront hotel surrounds you with the excitement of the sun, sand and sea while spoiling you with sophisticated style. Start your day satisfied with our complimentary breakfast and take a dip in our saltwater pool before hitting the beach. Enhance your tropical escape when you indulge & refuel with your favorite seafood specialties at 99 Sea Level. When it's time to call it a night, settle down in our oversized airy suites to watch the sunset from your private balcony. Relax in the knowledge that our award winning housekeeping team is committed to the highest standards of cleanliness to ensure the health and wellness of every guest. With colorful decor, complimentary Wi-Fi and well stocked kitchenettes, our accommodations make spending downtime with loved ones easy and enjoyable.
Special rate of $189 per night
Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach
Our hotel's central Bethany Beach location is a great choice for all guests. Once you arrive, you'll never want to leave our certified-green hotel. You can swim a few laps in the outdoor pool then enjoy a hot, free breakfast every morning. Whether you're here for business or pleasure, the team at our Bethany Beach hotel offers astounding customer service that's sure to have you coming back time and again.
Special Rate of $139 per night
Please call us at 302-541-9200 to claim this special rate. The rate code is OBT
Price for King or 2 Doubles 79.00 per night