31st Annual Ocean to Bay Bike Tour-FALL
The economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted The Quiet Resorts business community. The mission of the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce is to develop and implement destination events, participate in advocacy efforts, and provide opportunities for networking, marketing, and education with the goal of improving member success and enhancing the quality of life in the Quiet Resorts. The award-winning event, presented by the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce, offers cyclists a 30+, 50- and Metric Century (62.5) ride on flat terrain. All routes will have the option to participate in person or choose a virtual option and complete your selected route on your own. There will also be a 10-mile Friday Coastal Cruise to the Big Chill Beach Club.
PRE-REGISTERED CYCLISTS FOR THE APRIL RIDE
If you were previously registered for the April ride, please click "REGISTER NOW" to reregister; however, you will NOT have to pay again. Please select one the "Spring Ride" registration fee items depending on what you originally registered for on the original date (e.g. "SPRING RIDE PRE-REGISTERED - Friday Coastal Cruise", "SPRING RIDE PRE-REGISTERED - Individual", "SPRING RIDE PRE-REGISTERED - Individual Combo", "SPRING RIDE PRE-REGISTERED - Team", "SPRING RIDE PRE-REGISTERED - Team Combo"). You will have four options available.
- Option One: The Virtual Option- With the virtual option, you will select the 30+, 50- or Metric Century (62.5) route and will complete the selected route own your own. You will have one week (from October 10 - October 18) to complete your selected route. Please submit a picture of you with your bib and a screenshot of your completed route for insurance purposes to email@example.com by October 18 and include the subject line "Ocean to Bay Virtual Ride". If you are riding virtual, please register by Friday, September 25 in order for your cyclist items to be shipped to you. If you register for the virtual ride after September 25, your cyclist items will be shipped to you after the event.
- Option Two: Donation- Your registration fee will be marked as a donation to the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce. You will receive a letter of your tax deductible donation. A portion of all proceeds will be benefiting Contractors for a Cause, the Justin W. Jennings Foundation, the Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation, and local First Responders.
- Option Three: Transfer Your Bib- You have the option to transfer your bib to another person until September 22. Please contact Connor Lineberry at 302-539-2100 ext. 115 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know that you would like to transfer your bib. Please also have the person that you are transferring your bib to contact Connor so that he can update their registration information if responded by Friday, October 2.
TEAM CHECK IN: If a team opts into a "TEAM PICKUP", team captains will be allowed to check-in all team members. All waivers must be complete with a "WET INK" signature. Please consult your captain on your team's check-in procedures. The team captain can pick up with all "WET INK" waivers signed and a copy or picture of all ID's.
Are you unable to attend the Ocean to Bay Bike Tour? The Ocean to Bay Bike Tour now has a virtual option. If you select this option, you will have one week to complete your selected route. Please provide a screenshot of your completed route as proof of completion and email it to email@example.com. Please send with the subject "Ocean to Bay Virtual Ride". Please register by Friday, September 25 in order for your cyclist items to be shipped to you.
All participants must complete an event waiver prior to participating in the ride. Participants age 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult and must wear a helmet. All participants are expected to obey all traffic laws and Delaware bicycle laws.
Bicycle Law- Rules of the Road - All rules of the road must be followed
COVID-19 POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce has made a number of changes this year and is working with the State of Delaware and the Department of Public Health to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for our participants, volunteers, and staff. We are asking everyone to do their part to keep this event safe:
- If you have any new symptoms (fever/chills, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, fatigue, body aches, headache or GI symptoms), DO NOT PARTICIPATE!
- You must wear your mask at the start/finish areas, at all rest stops, and whenever in close proximity (within 6 feet) of someone not in your household or group. We encourage everyone to bring their own mask, but disposable masks will be available if you don't have one.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet of physical distance from anyone not in your household or group at the start/finish areas and at all rest stops.
- Depart as close to your scheduled departure time as possible, and remain spaced apart from others while on the road (other than the group you're riding with).
- If you must remove your mask (such as to eat or drink), make sure that you are physically distant from others.
- When you approach the rest stops, don your mask, remove any cycling gloves, and sanitize your hands. We have modified our food/drink options to minimize touching. Please follow all volunteers' directions.
- When you need to refill your water bottle, please speak to the volunteer at the water station. The cyclist will hold out their water bottle without touching it to the faucet and the volunteer will pull the handle until the water bottle is full.
- Be safe and have fun!
RIDE SCHEDULES & ROUTES
Due to the number of cyclists on the roads on event day, all cyclists must follow the below schedule to ensure the safety of everyone. Bib numbers must be visible for entry at all rest stops. Stay tuned for 2020 cue sheets, which will detail hours and locations of each rest stop. Final race routes will be emailed prior to the event.
SATURDAY START TIMES:
- Metric Century (62.5): 7:00 am - 8:00 am start time
- Starting Location: South Inlet Parking Lot (27099 Coastal Hwy, Bethany Beach, DE 19930)
- Group 4- 7:45 am - 8:00 am
- Group 3- 7:30 am - 7:45 am
- Group 2- 7:15 am - 7:30 am
- Group 1- 7:00 am - 7:15 am
- 50 Mile Route: 8:00 am - 9:00 am start time
- Starting Location: South Inlet Parking Lot (27099 Coastal Hwy, Bethany Beach, DE 19930)
- Group 1- 8:00 am - 8:15 am
- Group 2- 8:15 am - 8:30 am
- Group 3- 8:30 am - 8:45 am
- Group 4- 8:45 am - 9:00 am
- 30+ Mile Route (27 mile bailout option): 9:00 am - 10:00 am start time
- Starting Location: Salted Vines Vineyard (32512 Blackwater Rd, Frankford, DE 19945)
- Group 1- 9:00 am - 9:15 am
- Group 2- 9:15 am - 9:30 am
- Group 3- 9:30 am - 9:45 am
- Group 4- 9:45 am - 10:00 am
- Bishop's Landing- 30+ Mile Route only: 7:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Selbyville- 50 & Metric Century (62.5) Routes: 8:00 am - 11:30 am
- Bayside- 30+, 50 & Metric Century (62.5) Routes: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- The Point at Bayside: visited by Metric Century (62.5) route
- Dirickson Creek: visited by 30+ route
- Holt's Landing: visited by all routes
- Hemp Hills: visited by Metric Century (62.5) route
EVENT CHECK IN & PACKET PICKUP
All registered cyclists must check-in to pick up bibs, event shirts & rest stop bags. All cyclists must present a photo ID and signed waiver at packet pick up. All cyclists must be wearing their bib numbers and face masks to have access to event supper (e.g. sag wagon, rest stops, emergency services, etc.)
PACKET PICKUP TIMES & LOCATIONS
Friday Coastal Cruise & Saturday Combo Ride
- Friday, October 16 - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Summer Salts Beach Grill: 33548 Market Pl. Bethany Beach, DE 19930
- Friday, October 16 - 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday, October 17 - 7:00 am - 9:00 am
- Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce: 36913 Coastal Hwy. Fenwick Island, DE 19944
"CONTINUE THE TOUR"
The Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce has partnered with several area restaurants to provide all in person cyclists with a $7 restaurant voucher. The voucher can be spent at any of the participating restaurants listed on the voucher form October 16 - October 18. Your voucher must be turned in at time of purchase.
Order a Voler commemorative jersey for the ride! Be sure to order in advance for only $70. The jersey will be available for pickup at event check in if ordered by September 22. For additional jersey orders, please click here.
An Ocean to Bay Bike Tour Athlete Guide will be emailed to all cyclists. If you need another In Person Athlete Guide, please click here. If you are participating virtually, please click here for your Athlete Guide.
COVID-19 DISCLOSURE WAIVER
A COVID-19 disclosure form will be in each cyclists Athlete Guide. The disclosure form must be completed and turned in at check in. If you need an additional COVID-19 disclosure form, please click here. Please protect staff, volunteers, and other cyclists and do not ride if you have any symptoms listed in the disclosure waiver.
USA CYCLING EVENT WAIVER
A USA Cycling event waiver will be in each cyclists Athlete Guide. This waiver requires a "WET INK" signature. If you need an additional USA Cycling event waiver, please click here. Please have your event waiver printed out and signed so as to not have unnecessary delays. If you are participating virtually, you must return your signed waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Ocean to Bay Virtual Waiver" before your cyclist packet will be mailed to you.
2020 WAIVER INFO
-Individual Registrants must "WET INK" sign the waiver at packet pickup
-All electronic signatures are deemed invalid
-Photo ID or copy of photo ID is required at packet pickup
-All Team Registrants must have all waivers signed for team pickup
It takes over 150 volunteers to make the Ocean to Bay Bike Tour happen. Student volunteers and work incentive volunteers will be provided the necessary paperwork for credit. Please click here for our only volunteer signup. If you would like to fill out a paper volunteer form, please click here and return the completed volunteer info sheet with preferred volunteer slot via email to email@example.com.
QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION
Race Director: Lauren Weaver
Host: Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce
Mailing Address: 36913 Coastal Highway, Fenwick Island, DE 19944
Phone: (302) 539-1919
No refunds will be given for canceled registrations.
OTHER REGIONAL TOURS & COLLABORATING ORGANIZATIONS
Amish Country Bike Tour
Sea Gull Century (virtual only)
The Ocean to Bay Bike Tour has several non profit organizations that are beneficiaries for this event. Contractors for a Cause and the Justin W. Jennings Foundation are the primary beneficiaries. Contractors for a Cause is a non profit organization of local contractors who have united to give back to the community. The mission of the Justin W. Jennings Foundation is to support and maintain a home in the Bethany Beach area where families with cancer can have a place of respite and enjoy some family fun time.
In addition to Contractors for a Cause and the Justin W. Jennings Foundation, the Ocean to Bay Bike Tour also benefits the Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation, which manages and distributes funds to qualified organizations serving the local community, the local First Responders and the Quiet Resorts business community.