Annual Hair of the Dog Run & Leo Brady Exercise Like the Eskimos Plunge
THE HAIR OF THE DOG 5K/10K AND EXERCISE LIKE THE ESKIMOS PLUNGE WILL RUN AS SCHEDULED.
It will be cold! Check out our tips for a safe plunge here .
On-site registration for both the Hair of the Dog 5k/10k and Exercise Like the Eskimos plunge are still available during packet pickup:
Sunday, December 31: 12-4 p.m. at Mango's
Monday, January 1: 7:30 a.m. at Mango's
Note: Advance registration for the plunge only is still available through Team Cottage. Your Team Cottage registration fee covers a special Team Cottage hoodie, breakfast buffet at The Cottage Cafe, drink specials, transportation to and from the beach, and -- of course -- the post-plunge party at The Cottage Cafe with DJ Bump. Register now!
RING IN 2018 in the QUIET RESORTS with a RUN & PLUNGE!
The Quiet Resorts Charitable Foundation & the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber of Commerce proudly present the Hair of the Dog 5k/10k and the Leo Brady Exercise Like the Eskimos Plunge!
|HOD 5k/ 10k Race||ELE Plunge|
Packet Pick-up: Race & Plunge
- Sunday, December 31st at Mango's (97 Garfield Parkway)
- Monday, January 1st on the Bethany Beach Boardwalk Bandstand (Oceanfront Garfield Pkwy.)
Race Finish- Bethany Beach Boardwalk Bandstand (Oceanfront Garfield Parkway)
Plunge- Beach (Oceanfront Garfield Parkway)
|Combo 5k & 10K||$50|
|Combo 5K & Plunge||$45|
|Combo 10k & Plunge||$55|
|Combo 10K, 5k, & Plunge||$70|
|Extra Wristbands (non-runners)*||$10|
|HOD Hoodie (Child's L- Adult XXL)||$30|
|Additional Shirts (Child's L - Adult XXXL)||$10|
* Due to space limitation in Mango's at the after party only 100 additional wristbands will be sold for guests of participants. Includes beer, food, & warmth.
Itinerary for HOD & ELE:
Sunday, December 31, 2017
- 12:00-4:00pm - packet pick-up at Mango's Bethany Beach for all runners and plungers
- 7:30-8:30am - Race day packet pick-up located at the Coastal Tented Events heated tent on the Bethany Beach Bandstand. Plunge packet pick-up will go until 11:30am.
- 8:35am- Mandatory Pre-Race (HOD) Meeting at the starting line
- 8:45am- HOD 10k Start
- 9:40am- HOD 10k Awards Presentations (must be picked up, awards will not be shipped)
- 10:00 am- HOD 5k Start
- 9:30-11:00am- HOD Post Party and Mango's Bethany Beach
- 11:00am- HOD 5k Awards
- 11:45am- ELE Plungers gather on the beach in ocean front of Garfield Pkwy.
- NOON- ELE Plunge
- 12:30-4:00pm- ELE Post Plunge Party at the Cottage Cafe and Award Presentations
|HOD 5k & 10K Race||ELE Plunge|
|Overall Male & Female
Dog Owner (5k only)
1st, 2nd & 3rd
Male & Female Master
1st, 2nd & 3rd
|A Whale of a Team: Largest registered team
Bathing Beauties: Best Team Attire/Theme
-Judging on beach from 11:30-11-50am
Leo Brady Award: Most donations raised for the
William O. Murray Scholarship
-Teams must have a minimum of 6 registrants to qualify.
|HOD 5k & 10k Race||ELE Plunge|
Tax Deductible Donations support the Captain William O. Murray Scholarship:
Captain William O. Murray Scholarship is awarded by the QRCF to a student who exhibits a strong commitment to civic and community service. Each scholarship recipient will be awarded $2,000 per year for four years. The scholarship is based on a combination of financial need, academics, school involvement, and community service.
- Captain William O. Murray Scholarship - 30% community involvement, 30% financial need, 20% academic achievement, and 20% personal statement.
- Team Donations- Printable Form- Donation Form
- All donations are due at Packet Pick-up (12/31 & 1/1) to be eligible for the award.
- The Team with the largest donation will receive the Leo Brady Award at the Post Plunge Party at the Cottage Cafe.
HOD Course Maps- Click Here HOD Athlete Guide - Click Here