Fire & Ice with the Funsters
Hosted by Beta Sigma Phi, Alpha Alpha Chapter, Fire & Ice with The Funsters is one of the best way to participate in the Fire & Ice Festival -- and all for a good cause!
The Saturday event serves as the 28th annual fundraiser for Beta Sigma Phi, Alpha Alpha Chapter, and will feature live music from The Funsters. Come prepared to dance the night away at Mango's. Light hors d'ouervres and desserts will be provided and a cash bar will round out the night's offerings.
A few lucky winners will take home prizes, too -- host Beta Sigma Phi, Alpha Alpha Chapter will also be running a silent auction, 50/50 raffle, and chance auction throughout the night.
For a paper registration form, please click here.
Must be 21 years of age or older to attend.
About Beta Sigma Phi, Alpha Alpha Chapter
The Alpha Alpha Chapter has been working for the local community since its founding in Ocean View, DE in 1987. It is a non-academic women's social, cultural, and service organization comprised of 30 local women who volunteer their time and effort to raise funds and provide hands-on assistance to the charities and organizations supported by the Chapter.
Alpha Alpha regularly provides community support by:
- Providing financial support to local families experiencing hardship due to financial, medical, or other crises
- Delivering grocery gift cards so that disadvantaged families can purchase Thanksgiving and Christmas meals
- Purchasing, wrapping, and delivering Christmas gifts for the children of 3 local families who would not otherwise be able to have gifts under their trees
- Awarding a $1,000 college scholarship to a senior from a local high school in recognition of their efforts in providing service to the local community
- Providing numerous grocery gift cards throughout the year, when a need for them is brought to the attention of Chapter members
- Providing regular donations to several local food banks and soup kitchens to help eliminate hunger in the local community
- Providing a monthly donation to a local charity such as Justin Jennings Foundation, Mariner Bethel Church, Southern DE hospice organizations, Teen Challenge Delmarva, a local battered woman's shelter, and local fire departments and library