Attention Business Owners: Do you think you have the most festive business in Bethany Beach? Enter the 1st Annual Coastal Christmas Showdown & Crawl to find out. Participation is open to all businesses within the corporate limits of Bethany Beach. Entry is free.
How the contest works:
1. Apply online between Friday, November 25th and Saturday, December 9th, 2022.
2. Your company address will be posted on the Bethany Beach website/Facebook page.
3. One or more photos of your decorated exterior will be posted on the Bethany Beach website and social media pages. Pictures may also be posted in other social media outlets and in local media publications or websites. (There will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.)
4. Make sure all displays are in place and activated during the week of December 10th to 17th after sunset.
1. The contest is for exterior decorations only.
2. Starting December 11th, the community will be able to submit votes for winners in the four categories listed below. (There will be two divisions: one for houses and one for businesses.)
3. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Therefore, only those displays located on the street side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from both streets).
4. On December 10th, 11th, and 17th, Town trolleys will take visitors on a tour to view all houses and businesses that registered for the contest. An interactive Google Map and address list will be available to those wanting to drive themselves or to see the displays during the week.
5. Photos and/or videos will be posted to the Town’s pages to serve as a reminder of each entry. We do not intend for votes to be based on the photos; photos are to remind voters of what they saw in person!
6. Online voting will open on December 10th, 2022. Entries with the most votes will win. Five (5) winners in each division will be announced on December 17, 2022.
7. A minimum of one prize will be awarded, with a maximum of five prizes awarded per home or business division in the following categories:
1. Best Coastal Theme
2. Most Elegant (Best use of White Lights)
3. Most Festive (Best use of Color Lights)
4. Best use of Animation and/or Audio Special FX
5. Grand Prize...Judges' Favorite!
Prizes and Notification of Winners:
1. Win a “winner” sign for your business, bragging rights, and more great prizes provided by The Coastal Point and the Bethany-Fenwick Area Chamber. (This is open to all Bethany businesses not just Chamber members.)
2. Winners will be notified via the email or telephone number included in their registration. On Saturday, December 17th, prizes will be awarded in person at the Bandstand ceremony at 6:00 pm followed by a Block Party on the Plaza for all those in attendance.
3. Winning entries will be posted after December 17th on the TOBB social media pages and website.
4. By accepting the prize, the selected winners grant permission for the Town of Bethany Beach to use their name, entry, and photo for advertising.
How the crawl works:
On December 10th, 11th, and 17th, visitors will begin their crawl at the downtown information kiosk for a cup of hot coffee or cocoa starting at 6 pm. From 6 – 9 pm, Town trolleys will take visitors on an evening tour to view all registered contest entries. (Reservations will be required due to limited seating. Visitors may also plan their own drive.) After the tour, the crawl will continue at participating Bethany businesses with the incentive of your choice. This will be included in all marketing efforts. Please indicate below how you plan to participate by Friday, November 11th. Email: email@example.com
My business will participate by offering the following incentive:
(Business Name & location)
Please email your response to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Crawl as the subject line.